Let's get ready to rumble!!!! Coconut oil and olive oil are both composed of 100% fat, but they have nutritional differences due to the level of the unsaturated and saturated fats found in them. There is 92% of saturated fat in coconut oil while only 15% of saturated fat in olive oil. The other 85 % of olive oil consists of 70% monounsaturated fats and 15% of polyunsaturated fats.
On one hand, since coconut oil has a higher percentage of saturated fat than olive oil, you can use it for cooking animal food sources such as meat. On the other hand, since vegetable sources are high on unsaturated fats, olive oil can reduce the risk of heart disease and it can help boost good cholesterol while eliminating bad cholesterol in the body.
Using olive oil can offer more health benefits than using coconut oil because of the high level of saturated fat found in coconut oil. Besides the benefits previously mentioned, olive oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and offers food digestion benefits. However, you need to remember that you need to control your olive oil usage.
Olive oil is considered the healthiest cooking oil in the world. According to some studies, olive oil can withstand extreme heat; therefore, even when you use traditional cooking methods, it will still retain its health benefits. Coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil both offer benefit to the user; however, olive oil gives more health benefit than coconut oil plus it has a much better taste than coconut oil.